On Tuesday morning, former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros gave her first interview since filing a sexual harassment lawsuit against the network.
Daily Mail reported that the former The Five host sat down with Good Morning America host Amy Robach to discuss why she filed the lawsuit and why she later turned down a seven-figure settlement from the network. Tantaros revealed that she refused the money because of what was required of her if she agreed to Fox’s terms.
“They wanted to guarantee my eternal silence which was never going to happen,” said Tantaros.
Instead, the former host said she just wants a “culture change” from Fox.
“Fox News has plenty of money, they’ve bought off a lot of women. What they don’t have is accountability,” she said.
A source close to the situation disputed Tantaros’ claims that she was going to receive a settlement.
“There was never a direct settlement offered – it was an agreement and release form that Fox would continue to pay her under her contract’s pay or play provision. No additional money of any kind was offered,” the source said.
During her interview, Tantaros responded to Fox’s claims that she is not a “victim” but rather an “opportunist” who came forward with her complaint in the wake of Gretchen Carlson’s lawsuit against the company.
“I had been complaining about sexual harassment and retaliation a year before the scandal even broke out at Fox News channel,” said Tantaros. “And my complaints crescendoed about harassment and retaliation, and when they got to a fever pitch that’s the point when all of the sudden they make up this context that I had violated a book contract.”
What do you think about Tantaros’ emails? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.