With everything going on in the D.C. swamp with Democrats trying to remove President Donald Trump from office, it’s hard for many Americans to actually see real news taking place in other parts of the country.
This is especially true given Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Democrats recently passed a highly controversial piece of legislation in the House of Representatives — and 34 Republican lawmaker joined them to support the measure.
Just before they all left town for Christmas, nearly all House Democrats and 34 Republicans voted to approve an amnesty for illegal farm workers.
The bill, H.R. 5038, would likely provide amnesty to more than a million illegal aliens and subsidizes farm companies that hire more H-2A visa workers instead of hiring Americans.
Three Democrats voted against the bill, while 226 Democrats voted for the bill.
In large part, the bill gives amnesty to almost 1 million illegals working on farms in America, subsidizes agriculture companies and investors with a huge amnesty-for-visa-worker swap, farming wages will takes a hit, and countless Americans will lose their jobs.
This is nothing short of a direct betrayal of Trump’s “Hire American” economy, which places an extreme emphasis on passing measure that benefit Americans — not illegal aliens.
The recorded vote revealed the amnesty-and-outsourcing Republicans:
- Rep. Mark Amodei, Nevada
- Rep. James Baird, Indiana
- Rep. Michael Bost, Illinois
- Rep. Susan Brooks, Indiana
- Rep. Paul Cook, California
- Rep. Thomas Cole, Oklahoma
- Rep. Rodney Davis, Illinois
- Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, Florida
- Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, Pennsylvania
- Rep. Russ Fulcher, Idaho
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington
- Rep. Will Hurd, Texas
- Rep. David Joyce, Ohio
- Rep. John Katko, New York
- Rep. Peter King, New York
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, Illinois
- Rep. Douglas LaMalfa, California
- Rep David McKinley, West Virginia
- Rep. Paul Mitchell, Michigan
- Rep. Dan Newhouse, Washington
- Rep Devin Nunes, California
- Rep. Thomas Reed, New York
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Washington
- Rep. John Shimkus, Illinois
- Rep. Michael Simpson, Idaho
- Rep. Lloyd Smucker, Pennsylvania
- Rep. Elise Stefanik, New York
- Rep. Steve Stivers, Ohio
- Rep. Glen Thompson, Pennsylvania
- Rep. Scott Tipton, Colorado
- Rep. Fred Upton, Michigan
- Rep. Greg Walden, Ohio
- Rep. Don Young, Alaska
U.S. taxpayers can’t afford to absorb Mexico and the Central Americas.
This bill shouldn’t make it through the Senate, but if it does, and many are already calling on Trump to veto it.
This pro-amnesty is bad for Americans, and it’s disappointing to see so many Republicans throwing U.S. citizens under the bus.
When the choice is between Americans and illegals — the choice should be more than clear.
It shouldn’t make it through the Senate but if it does and Trump doesn’t veto it; it will be very disappointing.