Fox Business Network announced on Friday that it has fired anchor Trish Regan.
The network said it had officially “parted ways” with Regan following her rant against Democrats, where she argued that they were weaponizing the coronavirus to attack President Donald Trump.
“We thank her for her contributions to the network over the years and wish her continued success in her future endeavors,” the network said in a statement. “We will continue our reduced live primetime schedule for the foreseeable future in an effort to allocate staff resources to continuous breaking news coverage on the Coronavirus crisis.”
“I have enjoyed my time at FOX and now intend to focus on my family during these troubled times,” Regan said in her own statement. “I am grateful to my incredible team at FOX Business and for the many opportunities the network has provided me. I’m looking forward to this next chapter in my career.”
Fox Business Fires Trish Regan After Coronavirus ‘Impeachment Scam’ Ranthttps://t.co/HZchxWdsgs
— Julia Davis (@JuliaDavisNews) March 27, 2020
NEW: Trish Regan is out at FOX Business.
— Henry Rodgers (@henryrodgersdc) March 27, 2020
Regan was previously placed on an indefinite hiatus after she delivered a scathing monologue on March 9th, where she accused Democrats and the media of perpetuating a coronavirus hoax.
Regan said on her show that coronavirus is being used by Democrats as “another attempt to impeach” the president.
“We’ve reached a tipping point. The chorus of hate being leveled at the president is nearing a crescendo as Democrats blame him, and only him, for a virus that originated halfway around the world. This is yet another attempt to impeach the president,” she said.
She said that the “liberal media” and Democrats were taking advantage of the coronavirus to “destroy the president.”
At the time, she gave no indication that she would soon be leaving the network.
“I want to let everyone know that Trish Regan Primetime is now on hiatus,” she wrote on Twitter. “FBN has taken prudent steps to limit staffing levels and is prioritizing its coverage during market hours. I fully support this decision — we all must to do our part to keep our colleagues safe. #TrishRegan.”
The network also announced at the same time that Lisa “Kennedy” Montgomery’s show would go on hiatus as well.
After Regan’s comments, CNN quoted an email to employees from Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and President and Executive Editor Jay Wallace, announcing upcoming “programming changes” as well as logistical measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including canceling in-person meetings and reducing in-studio bookings in favor of using Skype or remote studios.
“Please keep in mind that viewers rely on us to stay informed during a crisis of this magnitude and we are providing an important public service to our audience by functioning as a resource for all Americans,” the email read.
Now, two weeks after her “hiatus,” Fox News has let Regan go.