Advertisement

‘Goosebumps’: Bongino Reacts During Live Segment to Tucker Carlson’s Firing

Advertisement

OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.


Top radio host and podcaster Dan Bongino reacted with stunned silence and “goosebumps” after learning during a live segment of his show that former fellow Fox News host Tucker Carlson had been let go by the network.

While he was broadcasting on Monday, Bongino paused for several seconds — which is an eternity on talk radio — as he scanned the headline informing him of the news.

“Um…“I don’t even know what to say,” Bongino finally noted.

“Um. That is just shocking news, and so you understand I have no inside knowledge of what was happening there at all,” he continued. “I don’t even care to speculate about what happened.”

“Folks, I gotta tell you – I got actual goosebumps here,” Bongino said. “There are very rare moments in the show where I have to stop the show completely – especially in a live shot – not stop the show but—

“Apparently, Tucker Carlson and Fox are done. I’m, I’m reading it right here, it’s – it just broke – I mean, that’s the benefit of a live show…I’m stunned. I don’t even know what to say right now,” the host added.

Advertisement

WATCH:

Bongino himself announced last week that he, too, was parting ways with Fox News.

“Folks, regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News on the Fox News Channel,” the host said on his podcast Thursday Variety reported. “It’s tough. It’s tough to say that. You know, I’ve been there doing hits and working there for ten years…so the show ending was tough. And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension.”

Test your skills with this Quiz!

“We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors,” the network said.

It said it will air ‘Lawrence Jones Cross Country” in place of Bongino’s show until the network announces a new schedule.

As for Carlson, his sudden departure was met with shock throughout the media world but also among his millions of fans.

Advertisement

“Carlson’s last program was Friday April 21st, Fox News said, meaning Carlson did not get a chance to sign off to his viewers. The news comes days after Fox News reached a historic 11th hour settlement with Dominion Voting Systems for over $787 million,” Axios reported.

“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor. Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday April 21st. Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named,” Fox News said in a statement.

“FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the free ad-supported television service FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for more than 21 consecutive years, while FBN ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by Fox Corporation, FOX News Media reaches nearly 200 million people each month,” the statement added.

The news comes as speculation, which is unconfirmed, points to two popular hosts possibly getting the ax, Radar Online reported.

Dylan Byers, who founded Puck News, has predicted Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro are going to be the two hosts that are going to be booted. Some other reports have suggested, without any substantial proof, that even host Sean Hannity could face some sort of warning.

But, Byers said, there is a chance that they would not be fired but given a stern warning to be careful of what they say in the future.

“So I anticipate one of two things will happen here, or has perhaps already happened: The first possibility is that Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott sits down with Bartiromo and Pirro and anyone else who came up to the line of libel and says, be careful,” he said.

“Alternatively, [Fox Corp. CEO] Rupert [Murdoch] and Suzanne have already decided to elegantly and eventually show Bartiromo and/or Pirro the door,” he said.

Advertisement