Advertisement

Judge Orders Release Of Dozens Of Epstein Documents After Objections From ‘Jane Does’

Advertisement

OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.


The walls are closing in on some of the people who associated themselves with the late financier Jeffrey Epstein, who was convicted of sex trafficking.

A judge has ruled that the public interest is more important than the right to privacy, The Daily Mail reported.

Judge Loretta Preska on Friday ruled that the material concerning eight people should be unsealed despite one subject claiming it could ‘wrongfully harm (his) privacy and reputation.’

Advertisement

Among those whose names are mentioned in the documents are a British woman, Ghislaine Maxwell’s former personal assistant, who was accused of taking part in the sexual abuse of minors. 

Judge Preska overrode objections from Tom Pritzker, the billionaire executive chairman of the Hyatt Hotels, and ordered material related to him be made public.

The documents are part of a defamation case brought against Maxwell by accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre in 2016 that was later settled.

The trove of material has been released on a rolling basis after with the first set coming in 2019, two days before Epstein killed himself, after numerous requests from media organizations. 

There were 16 ‘Non-Party Does’ that objected to the information being released, but the judge said that the majority of sensitive information had been made known during Maxwell’s trial and ordered dozens of documents to be unsealed.

But the judge did make some concessions to the people that objected to the material being made known.

“Certain details contained within certain documents that are not public…objecting Does have set forth a sufficient interest to preserve sealing,” the judge said.

Back in October it was reported that Maxwell, may be getting set to talk and that could mean a world of issues for some famous people.

“Bill Clinton should be sweating bullets,” reporter Kari Donavan said.

Advertisement

“It has long been suspected by court watchers that a notorious list of clientele for Epstein, allegedly including Clinton, would eventually emerge, and they may be right, according to investigators and lawyers who have followed the complex case.

“The shocking warning came out of a new documentary that investigated the role of Britain’s Prince Andrew and his close ties as a client of  Epstein’s, when the comments were made that there could be further revelations about other clients of Epstein’s because his madame-  Ghislaine Maxwell – who was recently convicted for crimes associated with Epstein has until June 2023 to cooperate with prosecutors, in possibly overturning more names,” she said.

In a new documentary, “Prince Andrew Banished,’ Florida-based attorney Spencer Kuvin, who represents some of Epstein’s victims, said that Maxwell has until 2023 to cooperate with authorities to get her free from jail quicker.

Radar Online reported:

Kuvin told viewers in a new documentary that convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell still has the chance to come forward with new revelations in a possible effort to reduce her 20-year sentence.

Advertisement

Last December, Maxwell was convicted of five federal charges for recruiting and grooming teenage girls to be sexually abused by Epstein.

She found out her prison fate in June and now has until 2023 to further cooperate with prosecutors, noted Kuvin, adding that Maxwell said she intends to appeal her sentence.

“She is really the person who holds all the secrets,” he said in the documentary that is airing on Peacock. “This isn’t the end of the story.”

Advertisement

Maxwell, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence, has been moved to a low-security prison in Tallahassee, Florida, the Daily Mail first reported.

Maxwell will be eligible for release on July 17, 2037.

“The disgraced socialite has been moved to FCI Tallahassee, a low-security prison in the Sunshine State, near where she committed her crimes. The choice of prison by the BOP is against the recommendation of Judge Alison Nathan, who oversaw Maxwell’s trial for recruiting and trafficking underage girls for the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Judge Nathan asked the BOP – following a request from Maxwell’s lawyers – to send her to FCI Danbury in Connecticut,” the Daily Mail reported.

“However, the BOP has ultimate authority and decided against sending Maxwell there. Despite this Maxwell, 60, will likely welcome the news as she has complained bitterly about her treatment at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, where she has been held since her arrest in July 2020,” the outlet added.

Advertisement

Related Articles

Send this to a friend