OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.
An investigative journalist has said that he got quite a surprise when he dialed the number to a secretive cell phone at the center of an alleged bribery scheme involving President Joe Biden.
Just the News correspondent John Solomon said during an interview this week on the Real America’s Voice streaming network that when he called the number of the phone, which was reportedly being paid for by Hunter Biden, Joe was the one who picked up.
“There had been some documents that law enforcement had gotten to other media. One of those documents got leaked to me, and it had a cell phone number that Hunter Biden was paying for, so I figured this was my chance. I’ve been trying to get fair comment from Hunter Biden, so I’m gonna call the cell phone!” Solomon said.
“So I called the cell phone, and guess who picked up the phone? Joe Biden!” he said. “Joe Biden! Boy was he shocked when he got — when he picked up the phone and found out it was me. He hung up pretty quickly!”
John Solomon is an American treasure.
Busts Joe Biden on his secret global burner phone. pic.twitter.com/CfvFnq460t
— Big Fish (@BigFish3000) June 28, 2023
According to Peter Schweizer of the Government Accountability Institute on Sunday, Joe Biden, during his tenure as vice president in the Obama administration, utilized a satellite phone that was funded by a business associated with Hunter Biden, The Western Journal reported.
“It’s interesting. What is the line of communications between Hunter Biden and his business partners and Joe Biden when he’s vice president of the United States? It’s not the government phone. It’s not Joe Biden’s personal phone,” Schweizer said.
“We know from the laptop that Hunter Biden’s business paid for a private phone line that Joe Biden used while he was vice president. It was from AT&T. It was $300 a month. It was a global phone where you could access somebody anywhere around the world,” he said, adding that the tip has been shared with House Republicans investigating the current first family.
“We shared that phone number and that account information with people in the House Oversight Committee. My hope is that they if they haven’t already, they will subpoena those records because I think it will give an indication on how tight the communication was,” he said.
Meanwhile, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) says Hunter Biden may finally be forced to admit that the controversial laptop containing so much scandalous information about him and his family is actually his.
Comer made his remarks during an interview with “Fox & Friends” on Friday morning in a conversation with co-host Steve Doocy. He was responding to a deposition the first son was to give a day earlier in response to a defamation lawsuit filed by the Delaware repairman, John Paul Mac Isaac, who turned it over to the FBI after it was abandoned in the fall of 2019:
STEVE DOOCY, FOX NEWS HOST: What do you make of the Hunter Biden laptop defamation case today? This could probably be the first time he ever admits, yes, that’s mine.
REP. JAMES COMER: Yes. Well, I just think it’s ironic because the media went all in on, this is Russian disinformation for so long. There are still Democrats in Congress that they only get their news from MSNBC. They really still don’t know that the laptop is Hunter Biden’s. They still think that it was compromised somehow.
So, the fact that the Bidens had denied that this was his laptop for so long, and now they’re going to have to admit it in court today, I think, is very ironic.