OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.
Former Arizona Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake slammed Fox News while doing an interview on Fox Nation.
During a recent discussion on Piers Morgan Uncensored, Lake called Fox News a “globalist network” and ripped them for cutting ties with top-rating host Tucker Carlson.
Morgan referenced a Fox News poll from April showing that a majority of Americans said they are in favor of gun restrictions.
“Eighty-seven of Americans back stricter background checks. 81% agree the legal age to buy a gun should be raised to 21. Eighty percent agree that anyone who buys a gun should go through a mental health assessment. Eighty percent want police to take guns from people considered a danger to themselves. Seventy-seven percent want a 30-day waiting off period for all gun purchases,” Morgan said.
“That doesn’t surprise me,” Lake said. “Fox News is a globalist network pushing a globalist agenda.”
“Fox News is watched by a lot of gun owners,” Morgan said, puzzled.
“Fox News is a globalist network run by globalists who want to bring down our constitution and take away our Second Amendment,” Lake reiterated.
Morgan pushed back on Lake’s claim.
“I don’t think Fox News is a globalist network. It’s the biggest conservative network in the country,” Morgan said.
“They fired Tucker Carlson,” Lake lamented.
Morgan explained that most of Fox News’ viewers more than likely hold pro-gun views.
“Would you not agree with any of them?” Morgan said.
“If you pass any of those and make those laws, they’re unconstitutional. We have a Constitution,” Lake said.
Kari Lake Drops Nuclear Truth Bomb About Fox News: 'A Globalist Network Pushing a Globalist Agenda' pic.twitter.com/UNLoMIDSdb
— 1776 (@TheWakeninq) May 9, 2023
Carlson, the highest-rated cable news host in history, left Fox News nearly two weeks ago.
And now a new report sheds light on who made the final decision to cut ties with Carlson.
A new report reveals that Lachlan Murdoch, the chief executive of Fox Corporation, and Suzanne Scott, chief executive of Fox News Media, decided on Friday night to fire Carlson. Then, Scott informed Carlson on Monday morning of the decision.
“The power that Mr. Carlson, 53, wielded outside Fox News could not insulate him from a growing list of troubles inside the network related to his conduct on and off the air, some of which had been grating on Mr. Murdoch and his father, Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox Corporation, who co-founded the network in 1996, according to the two people with knowledge of the company’s decision,” it was reported.
“The host, a polarizing and unpopular figure at the network outside of his own staff, was exposed as part of a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems as a bully who denigrated colleagues and sources, often in profane and sexist language and called for the firing of Fox journalists whose coverage he disliked. He has also drawn condemnation from the right and left for his role in fostering a revisionist account of the assault on the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021,” the outlet added.
A New York Times report suggested Carlson’s segment detailing the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was a “point of contention.”
“One early point of contention was Mr. Carlson’s 2021 documentary, ‘Patriot Purge,’ which advanced the conspiracy theory that the attack that day was a so-called false flag operation designed to discredit the former president and his political movement. Lachlan Murdoch was said to have been caught off guard by the program, which also led two conservative Fox News contributors to quit in protest, Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes,” the NYT reported.
“In March, Mr. Carlson edited down tens of thousands of hours of footage from the attack given to him by Speaker Kevin McCarthy and used them to falsely portray the rioters as people Mr. Carlson called ‘mostly peaceful’ onlookers who had innocently ambled into the Capitol. The broadcast drew a rebuke from Senator Mitch McConnell, who is a friend of Rupert Murdoch’s and said Mr. Carlson had drawn ‘offensive and misleading conclusions,'” the outlet continued.
Fox News announced that Carlson and the network “have agreed to part ways” after more than a decade.